Saturday, December 5, 2015

Thanksgiving

The Thai people have different holidays than us (obviously) so we were teaching on Thanksgiving (as I will be on Christmas).  Tang and Ake had us over for our Thanksgiving meal the following Saturday.

Tanner was in charge of mashed potatoes so I helped him with those.  I also made some homemade rolls and a pumpkin pie.  I cooked a thai pumpkin and pureed that for the filling.  I couldn't get any gigner or nutmeg, so I just used cinnamon and cloves and had low expectations.  It actually turned out really well!  Tanner made an orao ice cream pie and that was divine as well.



Tang and Ake got a turkey!!!!!  I haven't seem or had turkey since coming here so it was an extra treat.  (It was over $100 to buy the turkey and have it cooked.)


YUM!  Looking at these pictures and thinking about the food is making my mouth water!  Haha!  Tanner also helped with the stuffing and it tasted so good.



We all ate SO MUCH and visited and laughed and had a lovely time.  I feel grateful that I was able to celebrate this Thanksgiving here and grateful that I'll be able to spend next Thanksgiving back in the states.


After we ate and were sitting around (feeling s.t.u.f.f.e.d) I found a piece of foil that looked a but like a turkey.  So we made him into a better turkey.




2 comments:

  1. Woah seven whole posts! This is exciting!
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! That was one expensive turkey! I am amazed at what an amazing feast you all worked together to make. Those pies sound delicious! Go T and L Team!!

    ReplyDelete