Friday, July 10, 2015

Wat Pha Sorn Kaew (the Crystal Palace)

Hey there!

I feel like we haven't done much traveling the last few months.  Actually, we probably won't be doing a whole lot more traveling.  We have seen and done everything I had on my list for Thailand.  Now it's time to buckle down and save my pennies (or baht).

Like I was saying, it feels like I haven't done much traveling/adventuring.  Well a couple weekends ago Tanner and I went with the volunteers to Phetchabun.  We all pitched in and rented a van for the day WE left the school around 7:30 in the morning and went right to Wat Pha Sorn Kaew.  When we got there it was about 9:00 and it wasn't very crowded.  

The weather was just wonderful!  A little cloudy, breezy and cool.  We spent about 45 minutes at the temple.  It was colorful and amazing.  Of the dozens of temples I have seen here this was easily my favorite.

The print out our driver provided








The sign out front.  When you don't see any hug/kiss photo this is why...

EVERYWHERE we looked there were colorful mosaics.

Leaving our shoes up front.  Since you don't where shoes in temples, houses, or the school I [probably only wear shoes 2 hours a week.



























































Tanner liked this bug.  He says, "A good bug picture is always good."  He especially liked that he had a yellow collar.













Tanner was 4 stories above me for this one















From the top--six stories up











Tanner demanded that I include this one




These two plates were amusing to me.




Multi colored bougainvillea 



After the temple the driver took us for a 'hike'.  The 'hike' consisted of 13 stairs... but the view was nice.


And then we stopped by a waterfall.  I thought it looked a little bit like Willy Wonka's chocolate river.




And one of my favorite things from the day!  Tanner loathes taking pictures.  I just took a bunch of pictures in a row, hoping that Tanner might be smiling nicely in one.  I ended up capturing a really funny moment.


1 comment:

  1. That place is so so colorful!!
    I really like the picture of you from 4 floors up.

    ReplyDelete