Sunday, November 23, 2014

Bangkok and an Animal Fair

Ton told us there was an animal market in Bangkok and we were dying to go.  He took 2 of the volunteer girls, Tanner and me.  We drove down Friday evening and spend the night Friday and Saturday.

Saturday the girls and I did some eating and shopping.  Tanner went to an electronics fair with Ton.



We went to a shopping center called Platinum.  There were 5 stories and it was packed with little shops.  We spent a couple hours there and didn't even see half of the shops.

Street market



I found a Cold Stone Creamery and enjoyed the Founder's Favorite.


Kim really wanted to do some Muay Thai training so she found a gym that offered that.  Courtney and I watched while Kim did her boxing.  The street where the boxing gym was located there was a big festival going on.  It was the Navaratri festival which is a Hindu worship of the deity Durga. There were booths on both sides of the road for blocks.  There were flowers, dancers, incense, prayers and music everywhere.  We didn't know it was going on and just sort of happened upon it.  It was really interesting to see and I was happy that we found it unintentionally.






















We had to walk by this random, abandoned grave yard to get to the boxing gym.  Super spooky and strange.



Kim boxing.  Courtney and me watching and waiting.








Sunday we went to the animal fair.  It was really cool and they had so many animals!  They had common things like turtles, cats, dogs, and fish.  Then they also had owls, squirrels, groundhogs, hedgehogs, sharks, kangaroos, I saw the cutest animal that looked like a mix between a fox, raccoon, and ferret.














This groundhog REALLY, really loved Tanner.






















2 comments:

  1. 1. That is a creepy graveyard! Good thing you didn't walk by it at night.
    2. Cool little animals. Is that what Tricksy is?
    3. Lots of little Pascals on a tree. I like that guy.
    4. I'm sorry I don't post on here more often. I always mean to but never know what to say. I always read and enjoy them though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those animals look amazing! I would totally want to try some muay thai in Thailand so I'm glad Kim could manage to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete