Monday, October 5, 2015

Family in Thailand!

My family came to visit and my family left.  It was really great and I am so glad they could come!  I wish they could have stayed longer, but we made the most of our 6 days together and really did a lot.  The next few days you will be able to see pictures and read about our adventures in Chiang Mai, Kanchanaburi, Ayutthaya and Phichit.

My family flew in Wednesday the 23rd.  I needed to work that day but Tanner was there to meet them and spend the day in Bangkok with them.  They saw the Grand Palace from the outside, visited Wat Pho and hung out with some pigeons.  These are the pictures that I got from those who were there.










 I flew down to Bangkok after I finished working on Wednesday.  The line to get a taxi from the airport was insane.  First I had to wait in this:



Then I had to wait in this:

It took about 45 minutes.  I felt like I was waiting in a line at Disneyland, except that when I got to the front of the line all I got to ride in was a taxi...

I got to our hotel around 10:00 and my family was asleep by then, so Tanner and I went to dinner at an Italian restaurant.  This fancy oil bottle was at the restaurant.  I love that it can hold two different kinds of oil.  Small pleasures :)




We got to sleep late and were up early the next morning to fly to Chiang Mai.

The view from our hotel:


No comments:

Post a Comment