Sunday, June 7, 2015

Thai Living

Living here has taught us about living a simple life.  When I ride my bike into town I ride past this house.  The first couple times I rode by I assumed it was abandoned and empty, but then I looked closer.  There are people living here!  So many of the Thai people live with so little.  This house has holes in the siding, windows that can't close and patched metal paneling for walls.  It makes me grateful for what my room here and my house in the US!





Also, Thai people build fires anywhere, anytime.  They burn garbage all the time.  You have trash from your garbage can?  Burn it in your front yard.  You have green tree limbs you just cut down?  Just toss them on the ground and light them on fire!  Growing up in Arizona where the fire danger ranges from "high" to "extreme" it's hard for me to get used to.  Due to the constant burning it is not uncommon to smell smoke at any time of the day or night.





1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. Many times I enjoy it but have nothing to say about it, and wish there were a "like" button. So here's me saying I like the post, but have nothing constructive to comment about. Keep 'em coming!
    -Austin

    ReplyDelete