Friday, June 5, 2015

Everyday stuff

I have had a lot of great adventures here!  A majority of my posts have been dedicated to trips, vacations and specials days here at school.  While I have had the chance to have lots of those kinds of experiences the truth is those are the exception, not the norm.  So this post is dedicated to what life here is normally like. 

Here is my room.

The door on the left is my room.  To the right of the sinks is the hallway to the bathrooms.
My bedroom/living room/dining room/office


It's about 12 by 15 feet.  The shared bathrooms are outside and we don't have a kitchen.  This is where we spend most of our time.  We have a bed, couch, table, fridge, wardrobe, shelves and a keyboard.  (And an AC unit thank goodness!)

Ny room doesn't have a doorknob.  On windy days when I am working and Tanner is sleeping the door wil blow wide open.  We have been working on getting a door knob for a while now.  We actually have one now, but it isn't on the door.  The maintenance guy doesn't have the right tools... But there is a construction crew that will be here in a few weeks and hopefully we can get it installed then!


 There are 6 bathrooms.  One is just for Tanner and me.  We use the second one on the left.


The bathroom is about 6 feet by 6 feet.  It has a shower and toilet.  They are outside so it's hot and easily accessible for the bugs and creatures.  There are almost always frogs in there and the last 2 nights there have been spider-scorpions in there.  They don't flush any toilet paper here, so everything goes in the trash can.  I am really looking forward to an air conditioned, indoor, non creature filled, flush the toilet paper bathroom when I get back to the U.S.!!!


Here's Alfred Croaksfield Green (AC Green for short).  He's pretty much always in one of the bathrooms or the hallway.  Tanner and I named him and say hello when we go by.


This the the view when standing in my doorway.  That is where I teach.  My bed and classroom are literally 30 feet apart!


I work until 5 and Tanner usually tutors from 4-6.  It gets dark around 7 and it's no fun to ride a bike in the dark (lots of bugs and crazy dogs come out when the sun goes down!).  So we usually just hang around here in the evenings.  It's quiet and not too exciting.  We eat snacks and watch lots of TV and movies.  


Sometimes we play the guitar or read.  It's really relaxed and chill and I get plenty of sleep.  That's it really.  That's my normal, day-to-day life!



2 comments:

  1. I liked seeing these pictures! It's a little different than what I imagined from seeing it on FaceTime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing these pictures of day to day life! The bathroom situation would definitely be a challenge. Spider/scorpions! UGG! Now the real question, do you want to go back to a big house or are you happy with something smaller?

    ReplyDelete