Sunday, May 31, 2015

Fruit

Thailand has some really good fruit!  They grow ABSOLUTELY DIVINE pineapples and mangos,  They also have lots of fruit that I had never seen before.


Left to right: longan, rambutan, snake fruit.


 
Mangosteen and dragon fruit (most dragon fruit are white with black seeds on the inside, but I found one that was purple.  They taste the same but I think these ones are more beautiful)

Ranbutan and Lychee 



Half peeled


 The seeds


I like that they have new fruits to try here.  There are a few more but I don't have pictures.  I'll have to take some later.  I went through a phase about 8 months ago where I couldn't eat enough dragon fruit.  I would eat 1-2 a day.  I think I ate all I could because I don't care for them anymore.  Mangosteen just came back in season and I;m happy about that!  Sadly the strawberries they have here are not great.  They don't have many berries at all actually.  They also don't have cherries or peaches.  I have been thinking a LOT about peaches lately and would love to eat one.  It's a trade off I guess.  


3 comments:

  1. I think lychee tastes a little like cherry flavored soap. Does the Rambutan taste similar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think lychee tastes a little like cherry flavored soap. Does the Rambutan taste similar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the fruit so bad! I found a dragon fruit in the grocery store the other day here, but it was $3 for one, so I just laughed/cried and put it back.

    ReplyDelete