Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Whole Year

I have been in Thailand a whole school year!  Summer school just ended and now I have a week off before our next school year begins.  The last day of school we had ASEAN day.  The kids presented reports for each of the south east asian countries.  Everyone dressed up in the clothing for their country.  I dressed in traditional Thai clothing.  The kids did a great job and I loved seeing everyone all dressed up.  They go all out for stuff like this!











At the end of the day we had an end of the year party.  There was music, dancing, ice cream and food galore!

They have a different idea of what ice cream sandwich means...



The kids love sitting on our laps.  Don't mind my red face... I was just dancing like crazy!






The volunteers fly out Monday.  I've been listening to them talk about what they miss, what they are going to eat, the amazing internet they'll have at home, the first things they plan on doing once they get home, etc.  I can't help but feel a little homesick.  Tanner and I would be heading home now if we hadn't decided to sign on for another year.  I feel like we are supposed to be in Thailand so that provides a lot of comfort, yet at the same time there is a lot that I miss in the states.  But for now I am going to keep teaching this cuties and loving on them!  I am going to keep enjoying my simple, slow paced life.  I am going to remind myself that I won't always be able to have quiet evenings with just my husband.  I'm going to thoroughly enjoy sleeping as much as I want on the weekends.  I will do my best to enjoy my time here so that when I do go home I will have amazing memories.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Your outfit is so cool!! You look awesome in it.
    2. That lady is so short! I liked those pictures.
    3. I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of the "ice cream sandwich". It never occurred to me that that's what it could be. I will think of you the next few times I see an American ice cream sandwich.
    -Austin

    ReplyDelete