Sunday, May 18, 2014

A bug's life...

Last Tuesday night at 11pm this conversation went down on Skype:

Lindsey Layton:
THE WORST THING JUST HAPPEN!
i was in bed
and i should have been asleep
but i was watching a movie and wanted to finish it
and it's late
and i don't want to be tired tomorrow
and i was so sleepy
but u was just going to finish it and drift off to sleep
and then i saw something move by my head
and i used the light form my iPad to look

Tanner M: oh no....not a bug

Lindsey Layton:
and it was satan in humogous insect form
SO SO big
like 3 inches
and i jumped out of bed
and i didn't want to turn on the light to see how terrible it really was
but there was no way i could just let it be
so i turned on the light
and he was terrible
and I got out my tennis shoe
and threw it at him
while my heart was raging
and i missed!
and luckily he didn't move
then i had to get close to smash him
and i crushed him
and his body fell between by bed and the wall

Tanner M: you defeated the satan spawn

Lindsey Layton: and now adrenalin is rushing through my veins
and i don't think i can to go bed
because what if his family comes

Tanner M: lol

Lindsey Layton: and what if i didn't really get him all the way dead
and IT'S NOT FUNNY
!!!!

Tanner M: :|
I think you will be ok now

Lindsey Layton: i don't know...

Tanner M: well you have two options
go to bed

Lindsey Layton: die or sttay up all night

Tanner M: or make sure he's dead and go to bed

Lindsey Layton:
if i look to see if he'd dead then i have to see what he really looks like
and see the other bugs that i am SURE are between there
it's so bad
and I'm gonna start crying...

Tanner M:
:(
I'm sorry

Lindsey Layton: I'll just sit at my desk
you go get on a plane
and come take care of me!

Tanner M: ok

Lindsey Layton: it was so so horrible
and now i'm a wreck
and i'm going to be tired tomorrow
and fail

Tanner M: but think of the story you have on your hands now

Lindsey Layton:
NOT worth it!
i checked
he's dead
at least I'm 95% sure
there is a plastic bag back there

Tanner M:
Now you can sleep
he is dead
take a picture
brad loves dead things

And then somehow I was able to go to sleep on the 1/3 of my bed furthest from the wall...
                                                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A couple pictures just for good measure:


These lizards make a clicking noise.  They click 3-5 times and it's surprisingly loud for such a bitty thing.  The first night I was here it really scared me!


Train station Buddah

Next up: Pork chops, Thai friends, scooter rides, church, tuktuks and a train ride.

4 comments:

  1. Two nights ago, we had our door open, talking to a neighbor, and in flew a loud, wasp-like bug! The nerve! Who does he think he is? He flew over to our dining room and started buzzing around the lights like the loud little devil he was. I turned off the light so he would come to a light were I could kill him easier, and then he disappeared! We decided to wait until he showed his little face again. Rhonda just wanted him dead but we couldn't find him. A few minutes later he came out! I had the fly swatter and tried to kill him, but every time I swung, I missed and then he charged me! Eventually he landed on top of the fan and I got him. Sneaky little bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TERRIFYING! How is one supposed to sleep after an ordeal like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my lovie! that is atrocious! I think I'd rather face a lot of things than satan in insect form. I am glad that you survived. (btw this is Bryce)

    In my own feeble way today I had a bug encounter after the arizona desert fashion. On the way to load the car a saw a 2 inch scorpion on our sidewalk. Quick as a flash I crushed his little carcus with my shoe and kicked him into the gravel. Actually I think he was dead when I first saw him because his tail wasn't raised. In any event I didn't give myself any time to think, just crush the little bugger.

    Maybe you can put duct tape upside down on the floor by your bed so if creepy crawlies come they get trapped and then wont' make it into your bed...Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah, we had other buggy things happen yesterday. On Saturday we went swimming and Sterling got stung on the underside of his arm while I was holding him in the swimming pool. It bled and he cried, but was brave and recovered. We had to get the stinger out, and it swelled to about the size of a quarter.

    Just after than Karlie stepped on a bee and got stung! Taken together with Austin's report I think it's safe to say that theser coordinated attackes are part of a global insect conspiracy to get us!!!!

    ReplyDelete