Sunday, September 20, 2015

August

Here's what happened in August!


We made food in one of my classes and the students wanted their pictures taken.  Kind of cute, kind of gross.




One of my students brought me a treat.  They were kind of like crackers covered with caramel and bits of green onion...

I snapped some pictures of Tanner with some of the kids he tutors.  They made a realllllly tall tower.


And it crashed down.




In one of my math classes we played War to practice saying "is greater than" and "is less than".  They l.o.v.e.d. it!




In one of my science classes we went outside and looked for flowering and non-flowering plants.  We drew them and I let each kids pick one for us to draw.  That kid got to take a picture of that plant/flower.  They have some beautiful flowers here.









I wrote before about the lizards that are everywhere and make a clicking sound.  Here is what they look like.


First grade made pinwheels in science.  I love their little taekwondo uniforms!



First had his birthday so we had cake!

Aomsin, First, Auto, Aishi

Pordee, Aomsin, First, Auto, Aishi, MeePhoo

Me and my boys :)
We have been practicing out knot tying in scouts.


First
In second grade we have been talking about the uses of plants and animals for science.   We talked about the different plants used for building shelter (wood, bamboo and straw).  Then I let them  go outside and try to build mini-shelters.  They had a lot of fun.  Some of them made really creative little shelters.  Some of them did a terrible job.

MeePhoo


Auto and Pordee

MeMe and Pan


Mother's Day was on the 12th and we had an assembly for the mothers.  The kids danced, shared some writing they had done in English and the like. 




Kids bowing to their mothers and giving them flowers.

I had the kids write about their mom's and 3 of them shared at the assembly.  This was my example piece.


I got new glasses and contacts.  This watch repair man had a little shop set in front of the eye doctors office.


my newglasses

Ton was wearing this dragon ring and I asked to try it on.


We went to visit mom (Tang and Ton's mom) in the hospital.  I guess it was wheelchair cleaning day.



Tanner went down to Bangkok for a few days.  He brought Cinnabon and the cutest teapot!



MeePhoo had a birthday.  So we had cake.

Me and Yipso in the back with MooPee, Tiger and Sun.

Basia and Yipso.  Two of the sweetest girls you will ever meet!
I snapped some pictures on a bike ride of everyday things I pass.

There is a man who makes random plaster creations on the side of the road.




The wonderful fruit smoothie man.  He got a new (really nice) blender and his smoothies went from really, really good to amazing!



Some Thai construction.




Rice fields on the way to the post office to pick up a fantastic package from my brother brad.


We were playing pictionary.  Tiger got the word 'leg'  He drew this and Basis said, "Is that a person?!  It look like humungous!" and we all laughed.



I rode down to the crocodile park with the new group of volunteers.  We got to see the crocodiles and the sunset.  I also got to go in the room inside the humongous crocodile!











One weekend we made the world's largest and saltiest foil dinner.


Fruit stand

There was a big market down by the temple.  We went with Tanner's high school English students.  We ate, played bingo and Tanner won a bunch  of prizes at the dart throwing booth.
Small roasting birds

????







Quail eggs


Fried squid

bugs

Prizes.  We let the girls have them all and they were in heaven!
It was a good month! We also found out that our second round of IVF failed--but other than that it was a good, good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment